Intentional: One Word 2018



While doing an exercise with my INspired Leadership Coach, Tamara Konrade, I learned that connecting, caring, and creating are the action words that I embody when I’m working at my highest energy level.  Looking towards 2018, this is where I want to focus my energy to find fulfillment.

Knowing these three words were key to finding my joy, I struggled with finding my one word for 2018. I couldn’t find anything that would encompass all three. I know I could have gone with synergy, but it wasn’t clicking with me.  I thought about cultivating, but the definition held me back. I started playing with the online thesaurus to find some inspiration and found this:

Intentional: made, given, or done with full awareness of what one is doing


I knew that if I was intentional about connecting, caring and creating, I would a have a very successful year. I'd found my #oneword.

Connecting:
If you know me, you know I live for connecting with others. And while I love to connect, sometimes the demands of my job or life get in my way. I want to be intentional about connecting with those around me and learn whatever I can from even the smallest interactions. It is my intention to be more present than I have been in the past.

Caring:
As a mom, big sister, and educator, caring is in my DNA. I can’t imagine a life where I wasn’t caring for others. I want to make moments count. I want to care for others through my actions and through my time.  

I also need to be intentional with how I care for MYSELF. I can’t care for others if my tank is empty. I want to continue on the journey of health that I have started in 2017 and maybe even kick it up a notch!

Creating:
While I’ve never thought of myself as creative, I feel most alive when I’m creating alongside others. The moments I love most are when my team and I are planning and designing for what we want our school to become. I live for those moments of pure synergy. They feed my soul.

Another place I feel this synergy is with my Moms As Principals tribe. When this group came to be two years ago, I had no idea how many needs it would be meeting for others and myself. This is where I can be my true self and really rely on others to help me grow and create. I can’t wait to see what this year holds for us and how many knew caring connections I will find.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.